jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bad OOTB experience with 1.4
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 06:56:20 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> ...it would be nice to be
> informed in big letters on the download page, together with a download link
> to the jcr api jar....

I was going to write "or point people to Sling" as a joke, but
thinking about it it might actually be useful to point people to [1]
and [2] as an alternative to learn about JCR concepts or to play with
Jackrabbit.

Something like "if you want to try Jackrabbit with little programming,
or using scripting languages, we recommend having a look at Sling, a
related project which provides a scriptable RESTful application layer
on top of Jackrabbit."

The problem ATM is that Sling is not released, so people have to build
it using Maven, which can be painful. But we're expecting a release
Real Soon Now.

-Bertrand

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/sling/
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/discover-sling-in-15-minutes.html