jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: ClusterNode and snapshot question.
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 06:25:38 GMT
Hi Ian,

To bring up a new node into a cluster, I'd do the following:

(1) Stop an already existing node
(2) Make a deep copy of the existing node, starting from the repository home
(3) Assign a unique cluster node id to this new node
(4) Startup both nodes again

Stopping the source node before copying ensures that indices are
consistent. In (2) the revision.log will get copied as well, so the
new cluster node will start from the same revision as the source node.

Kind regards
Dominique