jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject ClusterNode and snapshot question.
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 11:29:43 GMT
I have a question about ClusterNode and the Journal.

If I bring a new app server node into a Jackrabbit cluster, the
journal gets replayed from scratch, this can take some time if the
cluster has been running for some time. I would like to avoid this if
possible.

It would be nice to be able to snapshot the local state of an app
server, and use that to a) seed new app servers as they joined the
cluster b) truncate the redo log to prevent eternal growth.

Is this the right way to achieve a fast start of a new app server in
the cluster ?
Is it necessary to run the journal from scratch (I assume it is due
to the indexing operations)?
Has anyone already looked at this ?

I searched the lists but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks
Ian