jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Esteban Franqueiro" <efran...@bea.com>
Subject RE: DataStore Garbage Collector Performance
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 05:00:44 GMT
> > We have a working background GC.
>
> Well, the current released GC implementation can run in the background
> as well. Or can it not? What is the difference between your and the
> current implementation?

I don't see why it shouldn't work, it's just that we have this impl since 1.3 and we just
moved it from version to version.
The main difference is that it doesn't use the faster interface you created to iterate from
the PMs. It also has a different approach, but I don't think it's something major.
Regards,