jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Esteban Franqueiro" <efran...@bea.com>
Subject RE: DataStore Garbage Collector Performance
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 06:03:33 GMT
>> what do you think how long will it take to improve the gc process much more ?
>
> I don't know. And I don't know if it's important: garbage collection
> can run in the background.

Hi all.
We have a working background GC. When I'm back from my vacations I'll try to isolate it in
a patch. The only thing is that it's using a very different model than the current GC (now
you create a collector using the session object). In this model we can't actually do that,
so we had to make a few modifications to the core in order to get it working. We're also not
using the interface that Thomas created (I don't have the code, and can't remember the name,
sorry!) yet.
Regards,

Esteban Franqueiro
esteban.franqueiro@bea.com