jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Esteban Franqueiro" <efran...@bea.com>
Subject RE: extending the jackrabbit-api
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 02:13:49 GMT
I think it's a good idea, as long as we don't have to keep those interfaces there for backcompatibility,
and we can drop them quickly.
Regards,

Esteban Franqueiro
esteban.franqueiro@bea.com

________________________________

De: tripod@day.com en nombre de Tobias Bocanegra
Enviado el: jue 08/05/2008 16:48
Para: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Asunto: extending the jackrabbit-api

hi,
as the implementation of the new features for jsr283 have started, i
suggest to put the new jsr283 interfaces to jackrabbit-api instead to
core (where possible). this way, we can already figure out
inter-module dependency issues and people can start using experimental
features through an API than rather through casting objects to core
interfaces.

suggestion: use 'org.apache.jackrabbit.api.jsr283' as base package for
the new jsr283 interfaces and classes.

for example, use
org.apache.jackrabbit.api.jsr283.nodetype.NodeDefinitionTemplate
for the future javax.jcr.nodetype.NodeDefinitionTemplate

once jcr2.0 is released, we can either extend them from the 'real'
interfaces or just drop them. in any case it might make sense to mark
them as deprecated from start.

WDYT?

--
regards, toby