jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject BundleDbPersistanceManager
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 22:58:40 GMT
I notice that, if externalBlobs is specified in the variants of
BundleDbPersistanceManager then its not possible to set the location
of the external place on disk as the impl uses context.getHomeDir(),
which is deep within the local repository.

Obviously no problem within a single node deployment, but with a
multi app server clustered deployment using ClusterNode, then this
doesnt quite work,

I would use Db Storage, but.... we have about 1TB of content and I
really dont fancy putting all of that into the DB which is currently
only 10's of GB. (using a proprietary content management service at
this point, migrating to Jackrabbit)

I can easily override the classes, and get the blobs onto shared
space, or I can sym link the external blobs into the right place,
but,   before I do, is this a really bad Idea ?

If so , is there a solution to avoid putting all the content into the
DB ?

Thanks
Ian