jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Zhou Wu (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (JCR-1596) WebDav and search.jsp don't handle utf-8 parameters correctly
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 07:55:55 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1596?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Zhou Wu updated JCR-1596:
-------------------------



 More information:  After more experiments, I found my WebDav client ( and most of others)
don't handle the encoding correctly-- they didn't encode the command in utf-8.  I tried to
use Microsoft Vista folder and it correctly handles the uploading problem. It is not Jackrabbit
WebDav's problem.

   The only thing left is the search.jsp. I'm not sure this is the problem for Jackrabbit.
It is probably more general problem for jsp or  web broswer(IE and FireFox): why is the parameter
sent from the clients not encoded in utf-8 even the page is specifically a utf-8 page?

  Anyway, this becomes a minor problem and can be worked around.


 

> WebDav and search.jsp don't handle utf-8 parameters correctly
> -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JCR-1596
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1596
>             Project: Jackrabbit
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: jackrabbit-jcr-server, jackrabbit-jcr-servlet, jackrabbit-webdav
>         Environment: Tomcat 5.5 - 6.0.16 on Windows XP. JDK 1.5 -1.6  
> IE 7.0  FireFox 2.0.*
>            Reporter: Zhou Wu
>
> 1.  I  cannot use WebDav client to uploaded a file whose name is in Chinese.  The file
name I had is ''郭可为.txt'  and the uploaded command by the WebDav client did something
like:
>   ========= Outbound Message =========
> PUT /op/%ED%EF%3A.txt HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost:8080
> -----
>  The server didn't decode it correctly -- the result is the file name got screwed and
the file content was not uploaded.
> 2. In the default web.war module,  there is search.jsp for rendering the search page.
If I type Chinese text in the search box,  search.jsp does not decode the input parameter
from ISO-8859-1 to utf-8 and in turn the search engine searches wrong string.
> 3. The search engine does do search correctly if I hardcode the query  variable in search.jsp
or do decoding the query parameter from ISO-885901 to utf-8.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message