jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Limiting access to node children in Jackrabbit 1.5
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 12:27:38 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Vidar Ramdal <vidar@idium.no> wrote:
> Yes, I've read the spec draft, but the sections on access control
> policies (6.11.2) is very generic, leaving a lot to be desired by the
> different implementations (as I suspect you know :). Allthough I
> prefer writing as much as possible by the spec, the feature I need
> (limiting child node access) is a must-have. I guess the chances of
> that feature being included in the JSR are pretty slim?

Doesn't AccessControlManager.addAccessControlEntry() cover your needs?

It sounds like you are looking for a setup where you grant access to
the root node, but don't want those permissions to apply to the entire
tree so you can selectively enable access to specific child nodes or
subtrees. I'm not too familiar with Angela's latest work, but I think
such a setup should be possible.

BR,

Jukka Zitting