jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject commons-collections in jcr-commons
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 09:04:17 GMT
Hi,

As noted in JCR-1615, the transitive commons-collections dependency of
jcr-commons is not always desirable.

We could drop the commons-collections dependency from jcr-commons at a
slight cost to clients (extra adapter code needed for use with the
predicate/filter features of commons-collections).

I originally considered the commons-collections dependency generic and
useful enough to be required by jcr-commons, but since there's a
reported case where it's not considered useful we may want to
reconsider having the dependency. In a way it would be cleanest if
jcr-commons only depended on Java 1.4 and the JCR API.

WDYT?

BR,

Jukka Zitting