jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drop PropertyState?
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 09:15:28 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Tobias Bocanegra
<tobias.bocanegra@day.com> wrote:
> i think this will be a huge rewrite which will imply months of
> instability and testing, and i frankly don't know if it's worth it.
> additionally, wouldn't it compromise the NG data model?

I think this would fit fairly well with NG (I'm not sure if I've noted
it anywhere, but I've always thought of NGP as being bundle-based),
and we could use this as an iterative step towards it.

(Another potential iterative step could be for example storing entire
bundles in the journal, and implementing a persistence manager that
gets its content from the journal instead of a separate storage.)

I'm not sure whether this kind of a refactoring would be worth the
effort, or if we should just look at doing a rewrite from the ground
at some point in the future. Instinctively I'd prefer an iterative
approach.

BR,

Jukka Zitting