jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r655574 - in /jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jcr2spi/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/jcr2spi: WorkspaceManager.java name/NamespaceRegistryImpl.java name/NamespaceStorage.java
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 10:53:10 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
> > JCR-1564: JSR 283 namespace handling
> >    - No need for the NamespaceStorage interface, as
> NamespaceRegistryImpl can just as well call RepositoryService directly
> >
> > Removed:
> >
> jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jcr2spi/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/jcr2spi/name/NamespaceStorage.java
> >

>  i'm not very happy with that change. it was by intension to introduce
>  the NamespaceStorage interface.

We can revert the change if you prefer to keep NamespaceStorage. The
extra interface hides one reference, but IMHO that's not worth the
extra code.

>  having both the service and the session info spread around
>  is not desirable from my point of view.

Then how about making WorkspaceImpl implement NamespaceRegistry
directly instead of NamespaceStorage?

>  second i wanted to create an implementation of the NamespaceRegistry
>  that could equally be used by jackrabbit-core later on. this
>  is not possible with your approach any more.

Why would we need that? The NamespaceRegistry implementations in core
and jcr2spi are totally different, one is persisting the namespaces on
disk and the other one is calling the SPI methods.

It would IMHO make more sense to convert the NamespaceRegistryImpl in
core to implement the namespace methods in the SPI RepositoryService
and then use the jcr2spi NamespaceRegistryImpl to implement
javax.jcr.NamespaceRegistry also in core.

BR,

Jukka Zitting