jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance testing in jcr2spi
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 10:33:18 GMT
Hi,

QueryTest in jcr2spi runs ten queries with different namespace
mappings and outputs (in System.out) the millisecond timing of the
queries:

    Running org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.query.TestAll
    Executed 10 queries in 18 ms
    Time per query: 1 ms
    Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.14 sec

Do we need those measurements for something, or should we just drop them?

For performance testing I would suggest that we either set clear
performance goals that can be used as assertions
(assertTrue(timePerQuery < 5)) or use some other way than
System.out.print to report them. IMHO even the JUnit report for
QueryTest is more useful for performance reporting as it's at least
structured information:

    <testcase time="0.034" name="testRemappedNamespace"/>

BR,

Jukka Zitting