jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: SPI vs. JCR 2.0
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 15:29:06 GMT
hi jukka

> WDYT, should we be working on JCR 2.0 compliance for the SPI
> components, or should it remain with JCR 1.0 for now?

basically i think we should have JCR 2.0 compliance for
the SPI as soon as possible. but i prefer having the SPI
only covering JCR 1.0 functionality over ending up with
a SPI that is neither compliant with either version of
the spec due to missing resources.

maybe we can come up with a list of semantic changes
and new features that would allow us to create a very
rough estimation of the efforts needed.

we can then check if this is feasible at all within
the next couple of months and start defining the priority
of each of the  tasks needed for JCR 2.0 compliance or
at least decide on the best way to progress.

kind regards
angela