jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bad OOTB experience with 1.4
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 07:18:35 GMT
Thomas Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I fully agree with Carsten. We have already discussed this, see
> http://www.nabble.com/Why-there's-no-jcr-1.0.jar-in-1.4-war-dist--td15216240.html
>
> Until Sling is released, what about if we create a .zip file (instead
> of the .war file) that includes the current .war file and the
> jcr-api.jar, and a readme.txt and readme.html that contains the
> documentation how to install and run it?

Sounds very good to me; it's minor work for you, but makes things easier
for first time users.

What about providing a maven archetype that creates a project including
the required jackrabbit jars etc. This can be used to setup a project
like you need for following the first hops?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org