jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Bad OOTB experience with 1.4
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 18:32:43 GMT
Hi,

while trying to explain how to get started with Jackrabbit I "emulated"
a dumb user (well it wasn't that difficult..), going to
jackrabbit.apache.org and trying to download jackrabbit and get it running.

There is the small "download" link on the right side which brings you to
a long list of stuff; ok, looking carefully you find the webapp,
download it, deploy it and voila nothing works. Fortunately there is a
nice error message explaining that the jcr api is missing. Well, where
do I find this? It's not on the download page and even the faq is not
mentioning this problem. It took me a lot of clicks until I still didn't
find it (still in dumb mode). So I gave up...

I know that this has been discussed before (including the jar brings
more problems in the long run etc). But in this case it would be nice to
be informed in big letters on the download page, together with a
download link to the jcr api jar.

Just my 2cents.

Carsten
--