jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Concurrent modifications
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 12:49:21 GMT
OK,

sorry for getting back to this discussion late.

I modified the test case so that the InvalidItemStateException indeed
occurs with jackrabbit-core (see attachment).

I think we have consensus that JSR-170 doesn't require a store to behave
like that; it's truly optional.

Now, with the same test and with jcr2spi (connecting to jackrabbit-core
through spi2jcr) the InvalidItemStateException is *not* thrown.

This doesn't come as a surprise, because -- as far as I understand --
JCR2SPI lacks the necessary information to do so.

It seems to me that the SPI APIshould *allow* stores to expose the same
behaviour as jackrabbit-core, and the simplest way to achieve that would
(IMHO) be to allow the SPI implementation to keep state. (*)

Feedback appreciated,

Julian

(*) Right now, when it does keep state, we see TCK failures, as JCR's
refresh() method is not delegated to the SPI SessionInfo. I think we
need to fix that.