jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Vidar Ramdal" <vi...@idium.no>
Subject Re: Limiting access to node children in Jackrabbit 1.5
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 11:37:48 GMT
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Vidar Ramdal <vidar@idium.no> wrote:
>> So devs, how do I create an instance of an ACE?
>
> You may want to check the JSR 283 public draft for general guidance
> about how the new access control system is designed to work. See also
> the o.a.j.api.jsr283.security package in the latest jackrabbit-api
> component for the client-level interfaces that we're currently working
> with.

Yes, I've read the spec draft, but the sections on access control
policies (6.11.2) is very generic, leaving a lot to be desired by the
different implementations (as I suspect you know :). Allthough I
prefer writing as much as possible by the spec, the feature I need
(limiting child node access) is a must-have. I guess the chances of
that feature being included in the JSR are pretty slim?

> Also, note that all the interfaces in o.a.j.api.jsr283 may be changed
> at any time and will be dropped (in favor of jcr-2.0.jar) in
> Jackrabbit 2.0.

OK, that's fine. I suppose the o.a.j.api.jsr283 interfaces will mirror
jcr-2.0.jar as much as possible, right?

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vidar@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway