jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Content explorer (Re: Jackrabbit 1.5 release plan)
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:15:43 GMT
On 4/22/08, Greg Klebus <greg@klebus.com> wrote:
> Hi
>

>  On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
>  > Jukka Zitting wrote:
>  > > On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Paco Avila <pavila@git.es> wrote:
>  > >
>  > > >  I've been testing "CRX Content Explorer" and looks great :) But now
>  > > >  have a question because I've seen the Access-Control Editor : how do
>  > you
>  > > >  implement the ACL? There is no default ACL managemente in Jackrabbit.
>  > > >
>  > >
>  > > I guess we'd disable the ACL editor in Jackrabbit 1.5, and bring it
>  > > back in Jackrabbit 2.0 when Angela's work for JSR 283 access control
>  > > is finished.
>

> Disabling the CRX ACL editor is surely one of the tasks we need to do
>  before donating.
>
>  And at the same time we might also try to create a prototype UI for
>  current work-in-progress ACLs already in Jackrabbit 1.5? This of
>  course is subject to further work to make it compatible with final
>  specification.
>

>  >  it's already committed to jackrabbit trunk. i just didn't
>  >  change the default configuration yet to the in-spe default
>  >  implementation, since there are still known issues and
>  >  since i didn't take a closer look a performance optimization
>  >  yet.
>  >
>  >  basically the overall structure is there.
>

> I chatted with Angela this morning and having a UI for the ACLs would
>  help test the stuff - her personally, and also would also make more
>  people verify it (it's easier to even have a look at that given GUI,
>  than to write code/unit tests). I think it's a worthwhile cause :)
i never assumed that we exclude the nice features like  NodeType Mgmt,
Securit Mgmt or Export/Import from the donated explorer. currently we
just wait for our GUI designer to come up with a opensource compatible
design, since we're currently using non-opensource icons. as soon as
this is adjusted, we're ready to migrate the stuff.

--
regards, toby