jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Klebus" <g...@klebus.com>
Subject Re: Content explorer (Re: Jackrabbit 1.5 release plan)
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:40:43 GMT
Hi

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Paco Avila <pavila@git.es> wrote:
> >
> > >  I've been testing "CRX Content Explorer" and looks great :) But now I
> > >  have a question because I've seen the Access-Control Editor : how do
> you
> > >  implement the ACL? There is no default ACL managemente in Jackrabbit.
> > >

> > I guess we'd disable the ACL editor in Jackrabbit 1.5, and bring it
> > back in Jackrabbit 2.0 when Angela's work for JSR 283 access control
> > is finished.

Disabling the CRX ACL editor is surely one of the tasks we need to do
before donating.

And at the same time we might also try to create a prototype UI for
current work-in-progress ACLs already in Jackrabbit 1.5? This of
course is subject to further work to make it compatible with final
specification.

>  it's already committed to jackrabbit trunk. i just didn't
>  change the default configuration yet to the in-spe default
>  implementation, since there are still known issues and
>  since i didn't take a closer look a performance optimization
>  yet.
>
>  basically the overall structure is there.

I chatted with Angela this morning and having a UI for the ACLs would
help test the stuff - her personally, and also would also make more
people verify it (it's easier to even have a look at that given GUI,
than to write code/unit tests). I think it's a worthwhile cause :)

WDYT?

Cheers
Greg

--