jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Klebus" <g...@klebus.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit-core 1.4.3 release plan
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:40:56 GMT
Hi Jukka

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>  On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Thomas Mueller
>
> <thomas.tom.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  I am integrating the patch for
>  > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1388
>  >  (concurrent reads to the database data store)
>  >
>  >  I will test it and then commit it, but I'm not sure if it makes sense
>  >  to include it in 1.4.3 - I would probably be more confident if this
>  >  patch was committed earlier.
>
>  Agreed. I'd rather not have this in 1.4.3, but if there's more demand
>  for it (Greg, others?) I think we could include this along with the
>  indexing improvements.

Being one of the "bad guys" ;) requesting small improvements on the
branch I'm in an awkward position here. But...

I'd second Jukka here and only include this specific enhancement if
there's more specific demand for it. Otherwise, I'd wait until it's
better tested on the trunk, and then backport if needed (a'la 1.3.4).
This way we could keep the branches stable and still be able to
provide useful (i.e., clearly requested) backports.

Cheers
Greg

--
-- Greg Klebus | http://day.com | http://dev.day.com