jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: remove JackrabbitRepository.shutdown()
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:19:54 GMT
Hi,

>   RepositoryManagement mgmgt = new JackrabbitRepositoryMgmt();
>   Repository mgmt.createRepository(....)
>   mgmt.shutdown(Repository rep)

This looks good as well, as long as RepositoryManagement is an
interface. There are some advantages compared to having shutdown on
the Repository: no session is required to call shutdown. What about:

JackrabbitRepositoryFactory factory = new JackrabbitRepositoryFactoryImpl();
JackrabbitRepository rep = factory.createRepository(...);
rep.shutdown(factory);

or

JackrabbitRepositoryFactory factory = new JackrabbitRepositoryFactoryImpl();
JackrabbitRepository rep = factory.createRepository(...);
factory.shutdown(rep);

or

JackrabbitRepositoryFactory factory = new JackrabbitRepositoryFactoryImpl();
Repository rep = factory.createRepository(...);
factory.shutdown(rep);

As far as I see any of those should work for JCRLog, and be future prove.

Regards,
Thomas