jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit expects a particular Oracle driver
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 15:11:58 GMT
On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:00 PM, Esteban Franqueiro
<esteban.franqueiro@bea.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I thought of that aswell. However, just renaming the existing  class is probably
not an
>  > option since it would break backward  compatibility.
>  >
>  > What do you suggest? Any other good ideas?
>
>  You're right. Maybe we can create a new class for Oracle 10+, Make it inherit from DbFileSystem,
and
>  override the createSchema(), and table space related methods, which are the ones that
need special
>  handling. Furthermore, we could refactor the current OracleFileSystem and break it into
two clases,
>  one of them to keep the current behavior and a new one to keep the common code (which
we could
>  rename to OracleBaseFileSystem or similar, for the reason you said). Then we make the
>  Oracle10FileSystem inherit from the latter.
>  WDYT?

sounds good. do you want to create to create a related jira issue?

cheers
stefan

>  Regards,
>

>  Esteban Franqueiro
>  esteban.franqueiro@bea.com
>

>  Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information
 of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.