jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit expects a particular Oracle driver
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:10:05 GMT
hi esteban

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Esteban Franqueiro
<esteban.franqueiro@bea.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>  I'm testing Jackrabbit 1.4 with Oracle, and I'm having a little problem.
>  In OracleFileSystem.init(), there's a call to initialize oracle.sql.BLOB. The problem
is that I'm
>  not using the standard Oracle driver, and it doesn't provide that class.
>  There are a few solutions to this that I can take care of in my app, but I think Jackrabbit
should
>  not fail just because you're not using the driver it expects to. The bigger problem
is that it
>  shouldn't expect a particular driver.
>  WDYT?

in an ideal world we'd only need one DbFileSystem and
DbPersistenceManager implementation
in jackrabbit ;) however, certain (more or less subtle)
vendor-specific differences/features
needed to be addressed in specialized subclasses.

OracleFileSystem is just an example of this. the oracle jdbc drivers
prior to version 10.?
only exposed Blob support through vendor specific classes, hence the
oracle.sql.BLOB
reference.

cheers
stefan

>  Regards,
>
>  Esteban Franqueiro
>  esteban.franqueiro@bea.com
>

>  Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information
 of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.