jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Concurrent modifications
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:45:16 GMT

Am 23.04.2008 um 13:23 schrieb Julian Reschke:
> Well, the normal update cycle is *getting* the content, modifying
> it, then writing it back. To be useful, that's the sequence of
> operations that needs to be supported, right?

Yes, from the user point of view. But the Jackrabbit implementation is
copy-on-write, so technically the transient space is "touched" in the
modifying-it step.

> I've tried it, and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Well, at least some consistency here ;-)

>> Another reason might be that you are using a binary property
>> ("jcr:data"). These are handled differently inside Jackrabbit
>> because they tend to be large and are stored in the DataStore for
>> example. (Although this should only apply for larger ones...).
>> Maybe you could try to test with a simple DOUBLE property instead.
>
> I can try that, but believe me, that wasn't the goal of this exercise.

Would be cool if you could try that too.

> Shouldn't we have test cases for this kind of stuff???

True! Your code is a good test case. (Binary and double etc.
properties should probably tested separately)

@All: Is this a bug? Are there any test cases? WDYT?

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek