jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concerns about release vote behaviour
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:47:08 GMT

> The important release artifact to check is the source archive, the
> binary artifacts are mostly a convenience to users.

> The binaries are irrelevant.

OK, I understand, but I don't agree. Most users download the binaries;
very few download the source code and even less build the binaries
themselves. I think the binaries are important. If the release scripts
are correct the binaries should be correct. But then, if the release
scripts are correct then 'rat' is already run and I don't need to do
that again... The binaries could contain a virus (there are some Java
viruses). I know that some developers disabled the virus scanner (well
I do that sometimes). Probably it's not that urgent, but maybe when we
have time to improve the release process we find a solution for that
as well.

View raw message