jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remove JackrabbitRepository.shutdown()
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:07:20 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
>  - It is possible to write applications that work with Jackrabbit and
>  other implementations (for example Day CRX).

But how many applications really need to shutdown the repository in
the generic case? You need to do that *only* if you embed the
repository, in which case you already are bound to a single
implementation.

IMHO, if we want to make the repository more manageable, I'd opt for a
JMX MBean.

>  - JCRLog can work. When no interface is used, log files are incomplete
>  and re-running the log file fails.

Does JCRLog need to cover the shutdown case? It doesn't cover
repository startup. IMHO it only needs to cover the JCR API, and
potentially the extensions in jackrabbit-api.

BR,

Jukka Zitting