jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remove JackrabbitRepository.shutdown()
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:10:02 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Thomas Mueller
<thomas.tom.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:
>  When using the 'service provider' appraoch, interfaces are used. It is
>  not required to hardcode any implementation classes.

Agreed. This is being introduced in JSR 283.

But we're diverging from the shutdown() issue. The factory pattern
only covers creation, not the whole lifecycle. Personally I'd
recommend that embedded clients use TransientRepository (through the
JSR 283 factory pattern), but if there's need we can certainly also
add something like the login("SHUTDOWN") trick.

BR,

Jukka Zitting