jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remove JackrabbitRepository.shutdown()
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:57:44 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Tobias Bocanegra
<tobias.bocanegra@day.com> wrote:
>  i want to remove the shutdown method from the JackrabbitRepository
>  interface. the reason is that there should at least be some
>  authorization. so rather move that to workspace or session.
>  OTOH, since repository creation is not covered by the api, it's
>  destruction should be neither.

+1 The shutdown() method got into JackrabbitRepository in JCR-309
without too much consideration, and looking back it seems like a bad
decision. I would deprecate the method in 1.5 and remove it (or make
it throw an exception) in 2.0.

BR,

Jukka Zitting