jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Concurrent modifications
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:06:51 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> no. it's a feature ;)  in your case session2 modifies the property
> *after* session1
> saved the change, i.e. session2 is already aware of the new value.

Well.

Session 2 retrieved the old value, and this is what the client currently
has (such as in an edit window).

> in jackrabbit changes made by one session are instantly visible
> to all other sessions as soon as they're saved (i.e. committed if
> transactions are supported).

I guess the important difference here is between "is visible in the
other session" and "the client has seen the change".

So, to make this useful, a client would need to re-read the property
value before, checking it's still the same as earlier on? Is that the
proposal?

In which case I'd argue we really need Binary.getEntityTag to make this
efficient.

BR, Julian