jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: remove JackrabbitRepository.shutdown()
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:31:19 GMT
Tobias Bocanegra wrote:
> i want to remove the shutdown method from the JackrabbitRepository
> interface. the reason is that there should at least be some
> authorization. so rather move that to workspace or session.
> OTOH, since repository creation is not covered by the api, it's
> destruction should be neither.

I agree with you. To me it does not seem right to have that method in the API.
Looking at the method that creates a repository, we have the static method
RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryConfig), which returns a RepositoryImpl. Who
ever calls that method is most probably also responsible for shutting the
repository down at the appropriate time. And RepositoryImpl indeed has a
shutdown method, which is all you need.

regards
  marcel