jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Esteban Franqueiro" <esteban.franque...@bea.com>
Subject Re: ConnectionRecoveryManager's extensibility
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:16:23 GMT
Hi.

> I don't fully understand your use case, what data source do you use,
> and why can't you use the standard way to get a connection?

On one hand I'm using a data source, but it's not obtained via JNDI, but via Spring, so the

ConnectionFactory doesn't suit my needs.
On the other, we're using branded drivers that need to be unlocked. To cover all cases, it's
better
to unlock the connections right after creating them rather than when using them. In the case
of the
DataStore, this has to be done in ConnectionRecoveryManager.setupConnection() which is the
method
that actually instantiates the connection. The problem is that this method is private.
I hope you can understand now.
Regards,

Esteban Franqueiro
esteban.franqueiro@bea.com