jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Esteban Franqueiro" <esteban.franque...@bea.com>
Subject ConnectionRecoveryManager's extensibility
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:54:27 GMT
Hi all.
In order to support obtaining the connection for the data store from a different DataSource
than the
one used in ConnectionFactory (since I'm not using JNDI), or from the DriverManager, I had
to modify
ConnectionRecoveryManager to make it extensible.
I was wondering why this class is not extensible in the first place.
Basically, all that has to be done is make setupConnection() and related fields protected.
I would also add a protected constructor that allows to skip the call to setupConnection(),
so it
can be called in the derived class' constructor instead.
Regards,

Esteban Franqueiro
esteban.franqueiro@bea.com