jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Esteban Franqueiro" <esteban.franque...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit expects a particular Oracle driver
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 21:00:57 GMT
> Yes, I thought of that aswell. However, just renaming the existing  class is probably
not an
> option since it would break backward  compatibility.
> What do you suggest? Any other good ideas?

You're right. Maybe we can create a new class for Oracle 10+, Make it inherit from DbFileSystem,
override the createSchema(), and table space related methods, which are the ones that need
handling. Furthermore, we could refactor the current OracleFileSystem and break it into two
one of them to keep the current behavior and a new one to keep the common code (which we could

rename to OracleBaseFileSystem or similar, for the reason you said). Then we make the
Oracle10FileSystem inherit from the latter.

Esteban Franqueiro