jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r644027 - /jackrabbit/tags/jackrabbit-jcr-rmi-1.4.1/
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:50:36 GMT
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 02.04.2008, 23:09 +0300 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 11:01 PM,  <fmeschbe@apache.org> wrote:
> >  Create tag for 1.4.1 release
>
> Please consider my latest JCR-1343 comment before doing the release.
> I'm -1 or at least -0 for an 1.4.x release that has a strict
> dependency on another 1.4.x component (where x>0).

On the one hand, I can understand you. On the other hand, going
componentized releases, there will be surfacing such dependencies sooner
or later. This cannot be prevented, in particular if the dependency
happens to be a support library as the commons.

Nevertheless, as we do not yet have these componentized releases, I will
do as you propose and copy the classes from the commons project to the
rmi project - only in the 1.4 branch, though, and marking the classes
"deprecated" with a comment.

Regards
Felix