jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacco van Weert" <1111softw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repository BackUp and Restore
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:06:59 GMT
Hello,

JeCARS version history backup works for straightforwards versioning... which
means it has
problems with version nodes which contains child nodes with version
etc...etc..

The JeCARS backup algorithme is (I think) a bit different.... it tries to
redo the "checkin()/checkout()" calls from the generated backup file, which
works fine for single node versioning, but has it's limits for huge
versioning tree containing again versioning nodes.

JeCARS "strength" lies in the fact that it can backup/restore large binary
repositories. And the migration option, which means that the backup can by
imported in a different repository without (or containing more) certain
nodetypes.

Jacco

--
Jacco van Weert -- 1111software@gmail.com