jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshna Reddy" <joshna...@gmail.com>
Subject Repository BackUp and Restore
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:55:58 GMT
Hi All

I am working on Project Mirage (https://mirage.dev.java.net) which uses
JackRabbit as content repository.

I wanted to backup/restore the entire content when we migrate from one
database to another. I have gone through some earlier
mail threads and found about JECARS and JCR-Backup Tools.

I have tried out JECARS , but it hangs indefinitely after exporting
namespaces and nodetypes. Look's like it is hanging while exporting content.
But there is not much content stored in my repository.

And with JCR-BackUp tool I couldn't try out because ,I couldn't find any
kind of help or documentation .

Looks like both of these tools are still in development phase and not fully
feature complete.

Can anyone suggest how we can go about , entire repository backup/restore
,specially when DbPersistenceManager is used and all the content is
being stored in a database.
Restore should be able to import entire node structure ,create tables and
store the entire content in the new database .

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
K.Joshna