jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Pettibone, Mike" <mike.pettib...@Fiserv.com>
Subject RE: JCR Evaluation Questions
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:20:55 GMT
Thanks for your prompt reply Jukka. It's greatly appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 8:56 AM
To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org; users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: JCR Evaluation Questions

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Pettibone, Mike
<mike.pettibone@fiserv.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your time. We are currently evaluating Open Source JCR's
> that  are JSR-170 compliant for use in storing and managing metadata
> for an  enterprise application platform project. If posting these
> questions to  the developer mailing list is improper, could you please

> let me know  where I can post the questions. Thanks for your time and
> attention to  this matter.

I'm copying this response to the Jackrabbit users mailing list at
users@jackrabbit.apache.org. Please follow up there if you have any
further questions.

Yes. See http://jackrabbit.apache.org/deployment-models.html

>  Can the repository content be stored on the file system?

Yes. Jackrabbit has a number of different persistence models, based on
both the local file system and external databases.

>  Can the repository content be stored in a DB2 V9 database? How about
> a  SQL Server 2005 DB?

Yes. Both DB2 and SQL Server are supported.

>  Does the product provide an implementation of the JSR-170 level 2
> features?

Yes. Jackrabbit is a fully conforming JCR implementation, so it supports
level 1, level 2, and all of the optional features specified in JSR 170.

>  Does the product provide an implementation of the JSR-170 optional
> features?

Yes. All of the optional features are supported, see above.

BR,

Jukka Zitting