jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release jackrabbit-jcr-commons 1.4.1
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:11:50 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Am Freitag, den 28.03.2008, 10:27 +0100 schrieb Marcel Reutegger:
>  > doesn't that mean we have to increase the patch-level number?
>  >
>  > See discussion: http://markmail.org/message/533ybky6pqwwc2is
>
>  That was different because the build actually contained another fix
>  (JCR-707) which influence the code in the package. This new upload does
>  not contain any changes in the binary package and the only change in the
>  source package is the modified RELEASE-NOTES.txt file. People
>  downloading the release candidate will not get a different result when
>  compiling and running the code this time.

The bytes are still not equal, so there's a chance of confusion
because of non-matching checksums and even a marginal chance of
something gone wrong in the packaging. Just adding the missing -src
jar without rebuilding the binary packages would have been less
intrusive.

>  Therefore I consider this not a problem and think we can continue with
>  the same vote. Otherwise you are free to cast veto and I will create a
>  new release package...

I'm fine with continuing this vote, but you may want to clarify things
by listing the checksums of the release artifacts being voted on and
extending the vote period for another 72 hours. Alternatively we can
restart with 1.4.2, as version numbers are cheap.

BR,

Jukka Zitting