jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Sources in releases (Was: [VOTE] Release jackrabbit-jcr-commons 1.4.1)
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:23:01 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Am Mittwoch, den 26.03.2008, 16:22 +0200 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
>  > Where's the source code? The -sources jar doesn't come with the Maven
>  > build, the test cases, or other supporting files. A jar containing the
>  > svn export of the relevant tag would be good.
>
>  ok, sounds reasonable. What do you normally do to create the src ? jar
>  the svn export ? I just posted the result of running the maven release
>  plugin...

I typically do something like this:

    $ TAG=jackrabbit-jcr-commons-1.4.1
    $ JAR=$TAG-src.jar
    $ svn export http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/tags/$TAG
    $ jar cMf $JAR $TAG
    $ openssl md5 < $JAR > $JAR.md5
    $ openssl sha1 < $JAR > $JAR.sha
    $ gpg --armor --output $JAR.asc --detach-sig $JAR

Agreed, it's not very streamlined, though I do have it scripted to a
large degree.

PS. As for why we need the -src jar; as an open _source_ project our
releases should (some say must) be in source form. We can provide
pre-compiled binaries and things like the Maven -sources jars as a
convenience to users, but the primary content of the release should be
the sources from which those convenience packages were built.

BR,

Jukka Zitting