jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit activities in the ApacheCon EU
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:55:00 GMT
Hi,

In addition to the JCR community gathering [1], there's a number of
other planned and potential Jackrabbit-related activities that you
might be interested in:

a) Talks: Carsten is giving a JCR talk (JCR in Action - Content-based
Applications with Apache Jackrabbit) on Thursday afternoon [2], and it
may be (being scheduled) that I'll be giving another JCR talk
(Filesystem on steroids) on Friday morning.

b) BOFs: If there's enough attendance, we'll have both a Jackrabbit
and a Sling BOF to keep things focused. If you're interested, sign up
on the wiki page [3].

c) Fast Feather Track: I guess we'll again be seeing a Sling
presentation in the Fast Feather Track, and since the FFT is now open
also for TLPs I'm considering (assuming there's still space) taking
the opportunity and proposing a short presentation on the Jackrabbit
internals and the proposed NGP architecture.

d) Content modeling workshop: I have an idea of using some of the
Hackathon space and time (perhaps on Tuesday afternoon, after the JCR
gathering) to set up a JCR content modeling workshop targeted at other
Apache projects. We'd have a few of us JCR experts with a whiteboard
and a laptop with a Jackrabbit + Sling Launchpad server available for
other projects to come up and discuss how (and if) they would benefit
from using a JCR content repository and what their content model could
look like when stored in a hierarchical content repository. Do you
think there would be interest for something like that, and if you're
there would you be interested in participating? Perhaps we could even
propose a FFT presentation where we could demo the solutions we came
up with during the workshop!

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrMeetupApril2008
[2] http://eu.apachecon.com/eu2008/program/talk/2458
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherEu08