jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit-core 1.4.2 release plan
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:17:16 GMT
Hi,

We now have JCR-1359 and a number of other jackrabbit-core issues
fixed, and I'm ready to tag and build a candidate for the 1.4.2
release. The current list of changes in this release is:

  Improvements
  [JCR-1375] Limit fields read from index

  Bug fixes
  [JCR-1275] NullPointerException in AbstractVersionManager....
  [JCR-1359] Adding nodes from concurrently running sessions cause exceptions
  [JCR-1414] Data store garbage collection: inUse not correctly synchronized
  [JCR-1408] Invalid query results when using jcr:like with a case ...
  [JCR-1459] NullPointerException on startup if IndexingQueue has ...
  [JCR-1449] Registering nodetypes with empty namespace prefix causes ...
  [JCR-1427] XPath query with child axis predicates
  [JCR-1453] Allow access to journal inside ClusterNode
  [JCR-1415] Clustering configuration documentation for syncDelay ...
  [JCR-1432] Saving a node deletion that has been modified externally ...
  [JCR-1460] Typo in repository.xml

I'm not convinced that JCR-1375 should be in this patch release, and
there is also demand to have JCR-1469 included.

I'd personally like to keep a hard line on release versioning, i.e.
only bug fixes in patch releases and if needed do more frequent minor
releases for other improvements and new features.

WDYT, should we be more relaxed in what goes into each release, or
should we keep up the strict release policy? In the latter case I
think we should go further down the line of component releases and
allow releases like jackrabbit-core 1.5 whenever needed regardless of
the status of other components.

BR,

Jukka Zitting