jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Security -> branch or not
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:05:19 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
>  what's your preference?

My number one wish is to bring the development effort the the
Jackrabbit svn, so I prefer both having it in trunk or a development
branch better than keeping something as large as this as patches in
Jira.

>From my perspective the main criteria between having this in trunk or
a development branch is its impact on Jackrabbit 1.5. If we bring the
ACL work to the trunk, then the feature would becomes a major part of
the Jackrabbit 1.5 roadmap and it should be in a relatively usable
shape by the time 1.5 is released.

I'd very much like to have Jackrabbit 1.5 out during Q2 this year, so
if you think the ACL feature will be stable enough for use by that
time (we can label it as a beta or preview feature if needed) then I
agree with Toby that the code should go directly to trunk.

BR,

Jukka Zitting