jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project Idea for GSoC based on Jackrabbit
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:50:18 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Thilina Buddhika <thilinamb@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am really interested in Apache Jackrabbit project. I have been building
>  some applications on top of Jackrabbit, and I am realizing the potential of
>  Jackrabbit. So I thought of doing a GSoC project based on Apache Jackrabbit.

Cool!

>  I would really appreciate if you can  give your valuable feedbacks on this
>  proposal.

A digital asset management application like what you propose is an
excellent match for JCR and Jackrabbit.

But I'm not sure whether that is what the Jackrabbit project currently
needs. We already did two example JCR applications last summer as GSoC
projects, and I'd rather first get them better integrated as
Jackrabbit examples instead of starting work on another one.

Also, you'll need to find someone to mentor the project. I mentored
the Jackrabbit projects in the last two years, but unfortunately I
don't think I have enough spare cycles for mentoring next summer.
Would someone else from the Jackrabbit team be interested?

BR,

Jukka Zitting