jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR Evaluation Questions
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:55:48 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Pettibone, Mike
<mike.pettibone@fiserv.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your time. We are currently evaluating Open Source JCR's that
>  are JSR-170 compliant for use in storing and managing metadata for an
>  enterprise application platform project. If posting these questions to
>  the developer mailing list is improper, could you please let me know
>  where I can post the questions. Thanks for your time and attention to
>  this matter.

I'm copying this response to the Jackrabbit users mailing list at
users@jackrabbit.apache.org. Please follow up there if you have any
further questions.

Yes. See http://jackrabbit.apache.org/deployment-models.html

>  Can the repository content be stored on the file system?

Yes. Jackrabbit has a number of different persistence models, based on
both the local file system and external databases.

>  Can the repository content be stored in a DB2 V9 database? How about a
>  SQL Server 2005 DB?

Yes. Both DB2 and SQL Server are supported.

>  Does the product provide an implementation of the JSR-170 level 2
>  features?

Yes. Jackrabbit is a fully conforming JCR implementation, so it
supports level 1, level 2, and all of the optional features specified
in JSR 170.

>  Does the product provide an implementation of the JSR-170 optional
>  features?

Yes. All of the optional features are supported, see above.

BR,

Jukka Zitting