jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Acceptable build times
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:31:10 GMT
Hi,

Based on recent and ongoing discussion about test suites and the time
required to run them, I would like to do a rough poll on what sort of
build times people consider acceptable.

Currently I'm seeing about 4 minutes for "mvn -o package" and 9
minutes for "mvn -o install" on a clean trunk checkout on my laptop. I
think that's a bit too much, I'd prefer to have the mvn package time
down to 1-2 minutes (just a compile and basic unit tests) and the mvn
install time to around 5 minutes (basic integration tests plus the
TCK). Longer-running test cases should be delegated to a nightly CI
build.

WDYT?

BR,

Jukka Zitting