jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: jackrabbit-jcr-tests
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:19:50 GMT
Hi Sergey,

Sergey Kabashnyuk wrote:
> Hi all.
> I have some  questions about jackrabbit-jcr-tests.
>
> First I want to ask about value constrains for boolean properties.
> JCR -170 in section 6.7.16 Value Constraints is not paid due
> attention to this moment, what can be interpreted as "implementation
> can decide to support it or not", we decide not to implement this
> feature as it seems it makes no sense but we could not pass the
> following tests.
>
> Could you move those tests from jackrabbit-jcr-tests to JR specific tests?
>
> SetValueConstraintViolationExceptionTest.testBooleanProperty
> SetValueConstraintViolationExceptionTest.testMultipleBooleanProperty
> SetPropertyConstraintViolationExceptionTest.testBooleanProperty

reporting constraint information is option. that is, you may return null on
PropertyDefinition.getValueConstraints(). in that case the tests should not
yield a failure.

> The next one is about test for "6.4.4 Escaping of Values"
> in document view xml mapping. It AbstractImportXmlTest you have two
> variables
>      protected static final String encodedAttributeValue =
> "Hello_x0009_&_x0009_GoodBye";
>      protected static final String decodedAttributeValue =
> "Hello\\t&\\tGoodBye";
> Looks like the decodedAttributeValue is a decoded version of
> encodedAttributeValue what is actually not.
> It should be
>    protected static final String decodedAttributeValue =
> "Hello\t&\tGoodBye";
>
> The other interesting place is in
> DocumentViewImportTest.checkImportSimpleXMLTree() method
>   This condition is very strange
> // both possibilities
> if (!propVal.equals(encodedAttributeValue)  ||
> !propVal.equals(encodedAttributeValue)) {
>     fail("");
> }
> may be it means something like  that?
> // both possibilities
> if (!propVal.equals(decodedAttributeValue)   ||
> propVal.equals(encodedAttributeValue)) {
>     fail("");
> }

yes, I think you are right. this is because an implementation may treat the
attribute as multi or single valued.

I've created a jira issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1497

regards
  marcel