jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: SPI questions
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:05:46 GMT
Esteban Franqueiro wrote:
> Hi all. Maybe this is a dumb question, but I don't quite understand how the
> SPI/JCR2SPI/SPI2JCR modules are used, and when. Are they being used?

they are indeed used. The SPI modules are an effort to modularize jackrabbit and
provide reusable components that can be used not just for the jackrabbit JCR
implementation. e.g. Julian implemented a JCR layer on top of an existing
repository using the SPI components (jcr2spi/spi/spi-commons). in sandbox there
is a XML document backed level 1 repository example.

> For
> example when running the integration tests? Any help on this will be usefull.

jcr2spi (which is a generic implementation of the transient space of a JCR
repository) runs the jackrabbit-jcr-tests as well.

is there anything specific you need help with?

regards
  marcel