jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: JCR2SPI causes unnecessary getPropertyInfo to obtain primaryType
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:03:33 GMT
David Rauschenbach wrote:
> I am remoting SPI, so I have to care about this, and block unnecessary
> invocations in my client. As it is, my client-side cache runs at around
> 95% cache hits! That's how many SPI calls I have to block and not
> interpret literally, by answering them out of a cache of prior
> getItemInfos responses.

I personally think there's no way to avoid caching inside the SPI impl.
I know Marcel disagrees; so at some point we need to come to a conclusion.

My copy of JCR2SPI currently contains a hack so that session.refresh()
is forwarded to the SPI, so that caches can be cleared. I think this is
something we need in SPI.

That being said: of course JCR2SPI should try to avoid calls when this
can easily be done.

BR, Julian