jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Security -> branch or not
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:16:48 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
>>>From my perspective the main criteria between having this in trunk or
> a development branch is its impact on Jackrabbit 1.5. If we bring the
> ACL work to the trunk, then the feature would becomes a major part of
> the Jackrabbit 1.5 roadmap and it should be in a relatively usable
> shape by the time 1.5 is released.

"relatively usable" ... jiiiii that's always true :)

> I'd very much like to have Jackrabbit 1.5 out during Q2 this year, so
> if you think the ACL feature will be stable enough for use by that
> time (we can label it as a beta or preview feature if needed) then I
> agree with Toby that the code should go directly to trunk.

i won't make any promisses related to stability nor to
time frame.

anyway, you didn't get my mail. you can't mark it beta or preview
since it affects the very fundamentals. it's there or
it isn't.... i don't see any room for 'relative' here ;)

my current plan includes a
- simple implementation (replacing & more or less corresponding
   to the current simple (dummy) security stuff)
- default impl. that really makes use of 283 features etc.etc.

for overall status estimate see my previous mail.

angela